As we reach our golden years, the daunting prospect of taking care of a home can become overwhelming. If your home just doesn’t feel the same as it once did, if you want to free yourself from the burdens of daily housekeeping or if you simply would like to spend your time with people your own age, Astor House is the solution.
With its intimate luxury suites and restaurant-style dining, Astor House offers all the pleasures of living in a private home, surrounded by your own belongings. Our residents live as independently as they choose, safe in the knowledge that trained medical professionals and help with bathing, dressing, medications and personalized physical needs are only moments away.
And forget about the housekeeping; it’s time for your social life. In-house activities like card games, crafts, bingo, parties and performances are waiting for you at Astor House. As are field trips about town to places like baseball games, the zoo, restaurants, cultural events and more. The devoted Astor House staff delivers the personal attention that everyone craves and deserves.
During your stay, you can take advantage of:
- Restaurant-style fine dining three times a day
- Free self-service laundry services
- Weekly housekeeping and flat laundry services
- On-site salon and banking services
- Scheduled trips to nearby shopping centers
- Nearby movies and cultural and sporting events
- Monthly health screening (includes temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure and weight) with a record sent to your guardian or designated individual
- On-site physician, dental, podiatry and therapy services
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Personal medication reminder (up to four times daily)
- On-going client-needs assessment